Jesus healed some people in Capernaum and then He went by the lakeshore to teach the crowds that were amazed by His power. Among those healed were:
- A guy possessed by evil spirits that screamed and threw him into a fit while exiting his body at Jesus’ command
- Peter’s wife’s mother who made a meal for Jesus right after her high fever disappeared when Jesus lifted her from the bed
- A very desperate man with leprosy who caused Jesus to be moved by compassion. Yes the same guys who could not keep his mouth shut even though Jesus pleaded with him to hold it down
- A paralyzed brother who was forgiven(spiritually healed) before he was healed physically
At the lakeshore, Jesus called Levi and Levi accepted. To celebrate, he invited Jesus to dinner at his home and Jesus obliged without hesitation. Other tax collectors and sinners shared the table and the scene caused grumblings among some lay pastors and doctors of theology. So they questioned the healer’s sense of responsibility. Apparently they were very near to the table because Jesus heard them and He took opportunity to respond.
“Healthy people don’t need doctors,” he said “it is the sick who do, I did not come to call those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”
Spiritual healing and health are important aspects of our inheritance. Jesus is well aware and he has demonstrated such in no uncertain manner.
The world has recently realized the importance of spiritual health and is moving earnestly to capitalize on obvious benefits.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health:
- Its constitution which was adopted and signed in 1946 defined health as ‘a state of physical, mental and social well being and not merely the absence of sickness or infirmity.’
- In 1983 a vote to include spiritual health in the definition was proposed by some of the WHO’s members.
- There is still no evidence to date that it has been adopted but they and other health organization are busy examining the so called 4th dimension of health-spiritual health.
- A spiritual health scale (SHS 2011) was developed to measure the impact of spiritual health on overall health and happiness of individuals.
Based on this and more than 3000 other studies conducted over the centuries, it has been noted that spiritual health:
- Contributes positively to lifestyle in general
- Guards against cardiovascular diseases such as high blood pressure
- Improves the immune system’s functionality
- Increases life expectancy
- Improves physical and mental health
There are some parallels to spiritual health and many different methods available for spiritual healing. Spirituality, religiosity,spiritual/religious practices, etc. are proposed for the person who desires to become spiritually healthy without accepting Jesus in their life. Be aware.
Perhaps you are not sure what is happening with the scale’s dial as far as your spiritual healing and health is concerned. If so, that’s a good start. Yeshua’s House Ministry will support the distribution of your health inheritance. Then we can step on the spiritual health scale, in turn and totally enjoy what is registered.
Go get your inheritance!