YHM thought it was very important to facilitate a discussion on leadership in response to the current global crisis so a Zoom forum was organized and executed on Sunday, April 12, 2020. Thankfully, grace from our very generous God ensured good success.
About fifty enthusiastic Christian leaders attended to further position ourselves to meaningfully respond, as asked to. The opening scripture, Acts 27:18-26 was selected to remind of a crisis at sea when Apostle Paul and a galley filled with prisoners were tossed by dangerous winds and tides. The ship’s crew was overwhelmed by their unending rage. They threw everything overboard, and dropped arms. The reading reminded also, of how strong Christian leadership took charge, stood up fearlessly and provided hope by giving the right instructions.
Following the reading, deliberations led by a formidable apostolic leader, Dr. Lyndon Johnson, would have us to understand the following:
- Your future outcome depends on your actions now.
- In times of crisis you learn more about who God is and what He can do
- A crisis is an opportunity to strengthen our relationship with God
- You don’t have to follow the world system in order to survive
- When stripped of everything else, God can work with your integrity
We have, as a church, come through numerous crises all our existence; at the red sea, in the lions den and the furnace of fire and at the crucifixion etc. Here we are again, on familiar grounds but were reminded that we are the bride of Christ, and we must not question, if the Lord is able to take care, of what belongs to Him.